"Quite early on, the name catechesis was given to the totality of the Church's efforts to make disciples, to help men believe that Jesus is the Son of God so that believing they might have life in His name, and to educate and instruct them in this life, thus building up the body of Christ."
Saint Pope John Paul II
Understanding that parents are the primary teachers of the faith, we seek to support you in your instruction through our catechetical program. According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church,
- "Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children." (CCC 2223)
- "The role of the parents in education is of such importance that it is almost impossible to provide an adequate substitute." (CCC 2221)
It is a privilege for us to join you in the religious education of your children. St. Mary Parish School of Religion (PSR) seeks to enrich the efforts of families by sharing with children the faith in the person and message of Jesus Christ in the Roman Catholic tradition.
PSR classes for 2017-2018, K through 6th grades, will be held on:
You can choose either option for the year according to availability.
- Sundays from 9:30 - 10:20 am
- Wednesdays from 5:30 - 6:45 pm.
In addition to the Sunday and Wednesday sessions, "family nights" will be scheduled throughout the year as part of the program. These family nights are a required component of the PSR program.
- Please remember that the PSR classes do not take the place of attendance at Mass, which is the "source and summit of Christian life."
- Mass is the most important component of your child's faith formation.
Registration for the upcoming 2017/2018 PSR year will be held from March 22 - April 2, 2017. Registrations received April 3 and beyond will have a late fee of $20 per child with a maximum of $50 per family for all current parishioners. Incoming and new parishioners will not be charged a late fee and will be placed into an available class.
Home schooling for faith formation is also possible for grades K-6.
- There will be a monthly meeting for all parents/children for those who choose to home-school.
Registration is required for both PSR and "Home School". Please indicate at the top of the registration form if you prefer to home school. Books and other aids are available from Cindy Henderson, DRE. She can be reached at [email protected]
or by calling the office at 937-557-1711, ext 102.
for the 2017-2018 PSR school year are available by clicking here.
The PSR Calendar for the 2017-2018 school year is available by clicking here
. This is a tentative schedule and is subject to change.
The PSR calendar
for the 2017-2018 school year is available by clicking here
May God bless all of our efforts!
For as we "train a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not swerve from it." Proverbs 22:6